We are currently seeking an ambitious and highly-skilled Director of Finance and Operations with a track record of exceptional, transformative management practices. We are looking to hire someone who is dynamic and ready to be very engaged in building our business from the ground. In this role, you will establish the procedures to allow the lean and efficient operation of the company and you will oversee the company’s finance function. You will have tremendous opportunities to develop innovative procedures that will shape the future of our organization. Candidates for this role will be creative, charismatic, knowledgeable, hard-working, and exceptionally well-versed in the operations of financial institutions, technology, or telecommunication companies.
Job duties and responsibilities
The Director of Finance and Operations position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational and financial controls, administrative and reporting procedures, people, and systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as strategic business partner to CEO
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team
- Present to the Board of Directors as required
- Recruit and train finance, accounting and operations staff as required.
- Identify, acquire and implement systems and software to support the company’s operations
- Create and establish yearly financial plans that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including profit and loss, forecast vs. budget, and cash flow
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, Anti Money Laundering compliance and financial procedures.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management
- Impeccable Work Ethic
- Business Acumen
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- At least seven years of work experience including at least three years in a management role
- Transformative approach to leadership that inspires and empowers others
- Aware of the latest market trends and shifts, as well as projections for the future
- Evidence of ability to innovate and implement change successfully
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Able to be persuasive and procure buy-in from upper management
- Solid computer skills and awareness of web-based marketing and social media
- Driven and committed to success while maintaining integrity
- The position will report directly to the company CEO
- Following areas will report to the Director of Finance and Operations:
- Other areas as appropriate